Friday, July 9, 2010

NASA. I Thought It Was a Space Program?

We have seen and heard a lot of bizarre things from the Obama Administration in the last year and a half. But one of the oddest things I have seen yet was NASA Administrator Charles Bolden saying that one of the goals of NASA was "outreach to Muslims"?????? What? I thought NASA was supposed to be concentrating on space exploration. We landed on the moon in 1969 and NASA was all excited about the fact that we would be able to land another man on the moon by 2020. So it was going to take 50 years to accomplish what we already did in 1969! When I was a kid I thought after landing on the moon the next goal was to land a man on Mars not just have a space shuttle circle the earth for the 30 years. With a new priority of NASA now being outreach to Muslims, I guess our next space mission is going to be landing on Iran!

No comments:

Post a Comment